The Memorial is used by people of all ages and from all backgrounds. Hirers must ensure that their own behaviour and that of persons under the Hirer’s control is not offensive to other Memorial users, bearing in mind the nature and history of the site as well as its importance to the people of New South Wales. Permission will not be granted for any event or for any group which may injure or potentially injure the reputation of the Memorial or the Trustees or bring the Memorial or the Trustees into disrepute.
BEFORE MAKING AN APPLICATION
- The Memorial gives priority to allocation of spaces for core programming, learning and business activities over other venue hire activities.
- Preference is given to core business activities throughout each of the New South Wales school terms between 9am – 3pm. External bookings for facilities during these times can be placed on tentative hold be will not be confirmed until 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Preference will be given to individual/s or groups proposing to undertake an event at the Anzac Memorial who are linked to the Memorial’s purpose or associated with the Memorial through its programs (e.g. Ex- Service Organisation, Government agency etc…)
- Access and use of the Hall of Memory is limited to a commemorative or educational activity.
- All venue hire applications must be made in writing by completing the booking enquiry form online or submitting a booking enquiry form no less than twenty eight (28) business days prior to the proposed event date. Submission of the booking enquiry form does not guarantee approval.
- If approved, the venue hire confirmation is subject to the receipt of a signed acceptance of the Venue Conditions of Hire, and full payment of all Venue Hire fees and charges at least twenty one (21) business days prior to the event.
- The Anzac Memorial reserves the right to offer Hirers alternative dates to those previously booked so that it can maximise venue use.
- If declined, notification will be in writing to the designated contact within five business days of receipt of a complete application form.
- The Anzac Memorial reserves the right not to provide a reason for cancellations, rejections or changes to a booking request for an external client. The Memorial will not be liable for any loss or damage to the hirer or any third party as a consequence of this action. Should a cancellation occur, excluding termination due to a Hirer’s breach of venue hire contract, any amount paid by the Hirer will be refunded, with no interest payable.
- In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer: more than 3 weeks prior to booking – all fees paid by the Hirer are fully refunded; less than 3 weeks prior to booking – the Hirer is liable for the full hiring fee.
- Notice of cancellation by either party must be in writing and sent to Locked Bag A4010, Sydney South NSW 1235 or [email protected]
- As a condition of hire, external clients are required to hold their own public liability insurance policy with a (minimum) limit of liability of $10,000,000 to be submitted at the time the hire fee is made. The Anzac Memorial reserves the right to cancel a booking if the Hirer fails to supply a certificate of currency.
- Individuals and small community groups unable to secure liability cover may apply for coverage under the Anzac Memorial’s liability policy. Application for coverage does not guarantee approval.
- The Hirer is liable for themselves, their employees and any contractors whom they engage in relation to the event and indemnifies the Anzac Memorial for and against all damages, action, suits, claims, costs and demands, which may be made or recovered against the Anzac Memorial or Trustees by any person whatsoever in respect of any loss, injury (including death) or damage sustained whilst in or upon the Anzac Memorial premises except to the extent that such loss, injury or damage is caused by the Anzac Memorial, its staff and agents.
CONTRACTORS AND CATERERS
- The Anzac Memorial must be notified and pre-approve any contractors proposed to work onsite in relation to the event. The Memorial will provide the Hirer a list of pre-approved contractors at the time of approval for the event. If the Hirer wishes to use an alternative contractor, they must seek approval from the Anzac Memorial and contractors must agree to undertake relevant site inductions prior to the event. Bookings for any required site inductions are essential and are subject to staff availability.
- The Hirer must ensure that contractors or persons under their control are insured and comply with all relevant legislation and guidelines. If necessary the Hirer must obtain and provide to the Memorial evidence of all relevant permits, licences and approvals.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the Exhibition or Library spaces. Food and drink is strictly prohibited in designated ceremonial spaces.
- If alcohol is to be consumed, the Anzac Memorial must be notified. Approval can only be provided if the Hirer engages the approved caterers or obtains the relevant approvals and permits from Liquor & Gaming NSW. Copies of relevant approvals must be provided to the Anzac Memorial at least 14 days prior to the event.
- No alcohol is to be consumed outside the Anzac Memorial or the venue space approved for the event.
- The supply and/or consumption of alcohol in the Anzac Memorial to minors is prohibited and will result in police action.
SECURITY AND SAFETY
- The Hirer and persons under their control must follow all requests or directions by the Memorial or its staff.
- A risk assessment will be carried out by Memorial management to determine whether security is required for the event and will be advised in writing if deemed necessary.
- The employment of security personnel is at the Hirer’s expense and will be arranged by the Anzac Memorial. There is a minimum call out fee of 4 hours for additional security operatives.
- The Hirer shall ensure that a responsible person, remains after the completion of the event whilst patrons vacate the premises. This nominated person shall be included on the event run sheet and will be responsible for ensuring patrons leave in a timely and quiet manner.
- The Anzac Memorial will ensure the Hirer is familiar with emergency evacuation procedures and the location of first aid kits.
- No smoking, smoke machines or naked flames or animals (other than assistance animals) are permitted within the Anzac Memorial.
USE OF THE VENUE
- An event run sheet must be provided to the Anzac Memorial no later than 5 business days prior to the event including event timings including details of bump-in and bump-out activities, confirmation of guest speakers and VIP guests as well as the Hirer’s contact names, mobile numbers and relevant contractors details.
- The provision of parking spaces is at the sole discretion of Memorial management. If approved, no more than four (4) parking permits are to be provided as part of any venue hire.
- The Anzac Memorial will restrict access to the Memorial for the Hirer and their staff (including contractors) for times outside the agreed venue hire terms. The Hirer and all persons under their control shall vacate the venue space and the Anzac Memorial by the agreed time, including the removal of all goods, property or materials brought in by, or on behalf of the Hirer. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional fee.
- The Hirer will not make any addition or alteration to the facilities, equipment or decoration of the Anzac Memorial. Nails, screws, durex tape or any fastenings must not be driven into or attached in any way to walls, floors, furniture or fittings. The Hirer must not handle, cover or endanger any Anzac Memorial property. The Anzac Memorial retains the right to request the Hirer to remove any material whatsoever.
- The display of flags and/or banners require prior approval by the Anzac Memorial. No metal stands are to be placed directly on the floor.
- All sound, electrical and lighting requirements must be approved by the Anzac Memorial prior to the event. Interference with, or alteration of any electrical installations, lighting, audio-visual systems or other property is prohibited.
- The Anzac Memorial reserves the right to refuse entry or ask any event attendees to leave the Memorial premises.
- Any goods, property or materials brought in by or on behalf of the Hirer, are the responsibility of the Hirer. The Anzac Memorial accepts no responsibility for the damage or loss of goods or materials left at the Memorial prior to, during or after the event. All deliveries or collections for events must be arranged with and approved by the Anzac Memorial prior to delivery or collection. Delivery personnel are required to follow all direction from Anzac Memorial personnel.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Anzac Memorial reserves the right to dispose of without recourse, any goods, property or materials not removed from the venue within 12 hours of the event.
- Existing lectern, microphones, PA and projection equipment is included in the hire agreement. Additional costs may apply for technical support where necessary.
- Rates are inclusive of air conditioning, standard cleaning, power and current fixed lighting.
CLEANING AND PRESENTATION
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to leave all hired areas included in this agreement in a clean and tidy condition, removing all personal property and refuse of any kind. Otherwise the Hirer will accept responsibility for, and pay the cost of, any additional cleaning or waste removal as a result.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to the objects, building, furniture, fittings and equipment arising out of/or in the course of the Hirer’s function.
- Use and distribution of materials bearing the name ‘Anzac Memorial ‘and/or related visual identity device (logo) or imagery is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Anzac Memorial. Any approved use of the Memorial logo or imagery must confirm to the Anzac Memorial Style Guide. A copy will be provided on request.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- Prohibition of assignment – The Hirer shall not transfer, assign, sub-let or sub-hire their rights under this agreement. To do so will render the booking cancelled and full cancellation fees will apply.
- Serving of notices – Any notice will be given to the parties at the address set out on the hiring agreement.
- Dispute – Any dispute arising between the Hirer and any employee of the Anzac Memorial shall be referred to the Honorary Secretary for the Trustees of the Anzac Memorial Building whose decision on the matter shall be final and conclusive.
- The Hirer must be 18 years or older.