The Anzac Memorial is located within Hyde Park South. Entry to the Memorial is via the western ground floor entrance (Elizabeth St side of the building).
The closest cross streets are Elizabeth Street and Liverpool Street. Museum is the closest train station and is only 160 metres from the Memorial.
Download the Trip Planner App on your smart phone and enter all details including any disabilities to plan your trip. If you have limited mobility you can refine your accessible trip results by choosing Options and selecting the Accessible services only check box.
TRAIN - Museum Station is a wheelchair accessible station. The station has a lift, a PA system for announcements, tactile surfaces and a wheelchair accessible toilet.
BUS - Bus services stop on Elizabeth Street and Liverpool Street. Please note there is no parking for school or chartered buses on site at the Memorial. The majority of local bus services in NSW are accessible.
CAR - Limited public parking is available around the Hyde Park perimeter. There are a number of nearby car parks. Visit City of Sydney's Car parks page for more information.
CYCLE - Hyde Park South is accessible by bicycle, however the Anzac Memorial does not have bike racks.
For more detailed access information view City of Sydney's accessibility map. This beta map provides live information about key access features including mobility parking spaces, potential barriers such as stairs, and steep and moderate inclines.
Once you've visited, we'd love to hear about your experience. Please take a few minutes to answer our visitors survey
Other places to visit
Located in Australia's oldest park, the Anzac Memorial is surrounded by a number of other monuments and cultural institutions:
- Sydney's Cenotaph is 1.1km in Martin Place, a 15 minute walk via Pitt Street.
- The State Library of NSW is 1 km, a 15 minute walk northwards through Hyde Park and along Macquarie Street.
- The Hyde Park Barracks Musueum is 700m, 10 minutes walk from the Memorial, through Hyde Park to Queen's Square.
- The Australian Museum is 300m, 3 minutes walk along College Street.
- The Sydney Jewish Museum is 1 km, approximately 20 minutes walk along Oxford Street and is located in Darlinghurst Road.